Warner Bros. is readying the most comprehensive Harry Potter movie collection ever released. The “Harry Potter Wizard’s Collection” 31-disc box set contains the following: all eight Harry Potter movies on Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy; more than 37 hours of special features including all previously released materials and more than 10 hours of new to disc bonus content; and 5 hours of never-before-seen material. Deathly Hallows part 1 & 2 can be watched in 2D or 3D if you have a TV that can handle it. Unfortunately, there is one major gripe that fans will find in this amazing collection: only the first two films in the franchise–namely Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and the Chamber of Secrets–include both the theatrical versions and extended cuts. The other six films only come with their theatrical versions. Will Warner release an even more epic box set including the extended cuts of the rest of the films and more bonus footage? That is still unknown.
But if you truly are a loyal Potter fan then there’s no denying how great this collection really is. Harry Potter Wizard’s Collection in all its elaborate design, comes out September 7 for $500. Head over to Amazon to preorder today; the e-tailer is selling it for a more digestible $349. Jump after the break to watch the collection come to life (you’ll see what I mean) and there’s also a first look at new bonus footage featuring a young and old Rupert Grint. A lengthy press release further details what you’ll get. (Click here for more…)
Lost fans, “The End” has come and gone. But the show must go on…in your living room. Today ABC released the details concerning the DVD & Blu-Ray release of Lost: The Complete Collection. Here’s what you need to know. The ultimate fan package includes:
• Every Episode in the Series (Seasons 1 through 6)
• Over 30hrs of Season 1-6 Bonus materials (previously released materials from Season 1-5 and the all-new Season 6 bonus material)
• A unique series of featurettes that takes viewers on very personal tours of Oahu where the series was created, with key cast and crew as they reflect.
• Exploring the global phenomenon that is Lost, bonus showcases events ranging from the series cast and crew at San Diego’s famed Comic-Con convention to international voice recordings, local events and even fan parties, all of which helped make the show into a worldwide favorite.
• A closer look at some of the props with cast, writers and producers, exploring their significance, stories and emotional ties to the characters.
• Humorous yet emotional look at every character who died on the series
• 16 hilarious Lost “Slapdowns” featurettes showcasing celebrity Lost fans who confront Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to ask press questions about the final season, including the Muppets and cast members Nestor Carbonell, Michael Emerson, Rebecca Mader and more.
The packaging and its contents include: “a Special Edition collectible ‘Senet’ Game as seen in Season Six, a custom LOST island replica, an exclusive episode guide, a collectible Ankh, and a black light penlight.” Though the list prices for the DVD and Blu-Ray collections are $229.99 and $279.99, respectively, you can pre-order them at Amazon for $148.99 and $194.99. Don’t wait and miss out on the reduced pricing.
ABC also divulged information about the release of Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season DVD & Blu-Ray box sets. These will include: every sixth season episode; bloopers and deleted scenes; audio commentaries; and the following featurettes- “The End: Crafting a Final Season”, “A Heroes Journey”, “See You In Another Life, Brotha”, and “LOST On Location.” Finally there’s the Lost Blu-Ray & DVD exclusive that’s described as: ”Go deeper into the world of LOST with a much-anticipated new chapter of the island’s story from Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.” This is likely the Hurley-Ben epilogue Michael Emerson hinted at during his interview on G4′s Attack of the Show. It will be a 15-20 minute clip that reveals the life of Hurley as the new Jacob and Ben as his #2. (Note: All Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season extras are included in The Complete Collection package.) Though the list prices for the DVD and Blu-Ray box sets are $59.99 and $79.99, respectively, you can pre-order them at Amazon for $38.99 and $51.99. Don’t wait and miss out on the reduced pricing.Both Lost: The Complete Collection and Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season DVD & Blu-Ray sets will be made available online and in stores on August 24. Look after the break for the full press release and more details.