I’m sure you are all familiar with the DeLorean of Back to the Future fame. BTTF enthusiast Gary Weaver has built the most realistic recreation of the time-machine car with a 1981 DeLorean DMC-12. Six years of research results in what you see in the gallery below. (Fun fact: The location where this photo shoot was taken place is at the Gamble House in Pasadena, the very house that served as Doc Brown’s residence.)
- Built on a beautiful, super-clean, stock 1981 5-speed DMC-12 with over $16,000 of mechanical work and upgrades performed at DMC California in September of 2008. Approx. 78K miles on vehicle.
- Programmable time circuits which function just like those in the film.
- Functioning digital speedometer on the dashboard (reads actual vehicle speed).
- Main Time Circuit switch functions just like in the film, with all sound effects.
- All interior indicators and switches light up, just like in the film.
- Sound effects upon door opening.
- Screen-accurate “OUTATIME” metal-stamped license plate with 1986 registration tag.
- Eagle Goodyear GT tires, as seen in the film (not pictured).
It’s up for grabs on eBay right now. You can “buy it now” for 90K; or the current bid stands at $60, 301.03 (there’s been ten bids placed on it). The auction ends in about two hours!