‘Entourage’ movie: It’s matter of when, not if

At the the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour, Entouage creator Doug Ellin and executive producer and inspiration Mark Wahlberg reassured fans that a movie based on the HBO hit series is definitely in the works.

Said Ellin: “We’re going to do a movie. We’re going to do it. It’s a question of when and how quick. We’ll sit down and come up with an idea…and then we’ll make it happen.”

Wahlberg added: “If I had to finance it myself, I would do it. I’ve been telling Doug, The Hangover is to me very much like Entourage, and look at all the recent success of R-rated movies. I certainly hope that this has a chance to become a feature film.”

Jeremy Piven, Entourage‘s Ari Gold, chimed in, “I think [the final season] is a gratifying way to finish, yet I also feel we could transition into a movie.”

So there you have it. Saying goodbye to the boys in August will certainly be bittersweet, but at least you’ll be able to rest at night knowing Vince and co. will return for one last hurrah on the big screen sometime in future.

Entourage airs Sunday nights at 10:30PM on HBO.

[Via Deadline; TVLine; EW]

Correction: Lea Michele, Chris Colfer, Cory Monteith are NOT leaving ‘Glee’, spin-off plans halted

It’s time to make a Glee about-face. Shortly after Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy told The Hollywood Reporter that the show’s stars Lea Michele, Chris Colfer, and Cory Monteith would not be returning to the FOX musical comedy for season 4, fellow co-creator Brad Falchuk set things straight at Comic Con: “Here’s the exact thing: [Rachel, Kurt and Finn] are seniors, so they’re graduating, but because they’re graduating that doesn’t mean they’re leaving the show. If you have Lea Michele under contract, you don’t say, ‘We’re gonna let you go.’” He added, “It was never our plan or our intention to let them go. They are not done with the show after this season.”

So the three of them will be back for season 4! Now why did Murphy say that they wouldn’t come back? What’s up with the co-creator contradiction? In a post-Comic Con interview with Deadline, Murphy revealed that he was indeed investigating a spin-off starring the three actors. He was hoping that the Glee trio would graduate from McKinley High and move to New York City (an idea planted in the season 2 finale) to explore their career in the arts. In fact, Murphy went so far as calling the Juliard School to make it a backdrop for the new show. However, things started to fall apart when one or more of the actors became resistant about moving to a different city to shoot the show. And as of now, spinoff plans have halted. In Murphy’s own words:

We’re not talking about it, we’re not pitching it. We’re not doing anything for the next several months except for this third season. I would prefer and I know Brad would prefer and I think the actors will prefer to roll up our sleeves and do a really good season and if there is a spin-off, talk about it in April. Could we do a spin-off? To be quite honest with you, maybe. Some of the actors that we discussed doing spin-offs do not want to do a spin-off. It’s hard to do a spin-off on a show where an actor says no. And if there’s no spin-off, then we’ll announce that there’s not. But as of now, I can tell you I’m not working on it.

It all break down like this: Rachel, Kurt, and Finn are graduating at the end of season 3. They will be back for season 4 (and potentially seasons 5, 6, and 7 since they all signed seven-year contracts). What role they will play in that season is still to be determined. And a spin-off series might happen sometime after season 3. Gleeks, you can relax now.

While we’re at it, let’s put a neat little bow on the Chord Overstreet story. Falchuk spilled that Overstreet (who played Sam Evans) was offered a deal to return for ten episodes next season with the possibility of becoming a series regular in the same way Harry Shum Jr. (Mike Chang) and Darren Criss (Blaine) worked their way from guest star to regular status. In the end Overstreeet declined the offer. “We wanted him back because we like Chord personally and had some good stories planned for him and with Mercedes,” revealed Falchuk. “He decided he would have opportunities elsewhere that he would like to pursue, and we can’t force him to work, so we wished him well.” It has been confirmed that Overstreet will not return for any episodes next season. So long, Trouty Mouth.

[Via EW; TVLine; Deadline]

Watch this never-before-seen ‘Lost’ deleted scene

At Comic Con, Lost showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse crashed EW’s Totally Lost: One Year Later panel and brought with them a never-before-seen clip, an alternate ending to the pivotal season one finale. Lindelof and Cuse ultimately decided against keeping this scene in the finale “for fear that it revealed too much about how the series would eventually end.” Watch it, and decide for yourself whether or not it was wise to remove it.

Psht, and people thought they were making it all up as they were going along!

TV posters: Meet the cast of ABC’s ‘Once Upon a Time’

Here are a bunch of super cool posters highlighting the cast of characters from the upcoming ABC fairy tale series Once Upon a TimeLost scribes Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis have dreamed up modern day versions of the Evil Queen (played by Lana Parilla), Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin), Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle), and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas). Gazing at you above is House vet Jennifer Morrison; she plays lead Emma Swan, the one who holds the key to saving all the fairy tale characters from their amnesic lives. Refresh your memory concerning the show’s plot by reading the full synopsis and watching the first look trailer right here.

[Via TVLine]

Nickelodeon ’90s programming block is back!

Did you grow up on ’90s Nick? If so, and like me, I’m sure you’ve been waiting with bated breath for the retro programming block dubbed “The ’90s Are All That” to premiere on TeenNick. On Monday, July 25 at midnight classic Nick shows All That, Kenan & Kel, Clarissa Explains It All, and Doug returned to the airwaves. TeenNick allots four hours to the retro shows; from midnight-2AM four episodes air, and from 2AM-4AM the same shows repeat. The block so far has been a ratings boon; across basic cable it averaged 555,000 viewers (that’s up 114 percent from last year). Viewers have been sharing their nostalgic memories on Facebook and Twitter; all last week the Trending Topics have been buzzing about the block. In addition to the programming, the network has spruced up the commercial breaks with classic Nickelodeon signage and animations. Except that everything’s been remixed. Nick called up DJ Steve Porter to create a music video of sorts that mashes up a bunch of retro Nick shows and plays around with all the theme songs. Look after the break to watch the clip that previews all of the shows ready to make a return to television. Following the current lineup lead by All That, you can expect animated toons like Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, The Ren & Stimpy Show, and Rugrats and live action shows like The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Salute Your Shorts, and The Secret World of Alex Mack to make major comebacks. So far, my favorite sketch brought back to life is the scene from Kenan & Kel: “I…dropped the screw…in the tuna!

Relive your childhood memories weeknights from midnight-2AM on TeenNick. Continue reading Nickelodeon ’90s programming block is back!

South Park renewed through 2013

For those of you who were worried that Trey Parker and Matt Stone were ready to call it quits at the end of the latest South Park episode “You’re Getting Old,” please allow me to quell your fears. Comedy Central has confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that South Park will return for at least two more seasons. This means that the creators will continue to spit out new episodes through 2013, so South Park isn’t going anywhere just yet. In a recent interview with Jon Stewart of The Daily Show, the duo reassured fans, “We love South Park, that’s still our thing.” But now that they’ve acknowledged their exhaustion with the show and they will have had a long summer break, let’s hope that the second half of season 15 kicks off in grand South Park fashion. Another set of seven episodes begins October 5 at 10PM on Comedy Central.

[Via EW]

Odette Annable joins ‘House’ as series regular

Still can’t get over the fact that FOX decided to cancel the rising midseason comedy Breaking In? Though there’s still an eensy bit of hope that the network might resurrect the Christian Slater/Brett Harrison sitcom from the grave, we can all sleep well at night now that we know Breaking In breakout female star Odette Annable is returning to the small screen to assist Dr. House and his team of diagnosticians this fall. That’s right–Annable is bringing her charm to the FOX medical drama where she will serve as a series regular. As Deadline so astutely points out, this marks the first regular addition to the cast since the promotion of Olivia Wilde, Peter Jacobson, and Kal Penn in season four. According to various sources, House will meet Annable’s character in the season seven premiere and she’ll be requested to join him at Princeton-Plainsboro. With Lisa Edelstein’s Dr. Cuddy and Amber Tamblyn’s Martha Masters out of the show (and Olivia Wilde’s Thirteen in and out due to blossoming movie deals), Annable (as of right now) will be the only full-time female cast member next season. This may change soon once the team behind House casts Cuddy’s replacement. And for all you Breaking In fans hoping for a comeback, fear not; Deadline reports, “There is time carved into Annable’s deal for House that would allow her to also do Breaking In should Fox opt to pick up the series for a second season.” Booyah!

[Via Deadline]

Conan gets animated in faux trailer for ‘The Flaming C’

From the creators of Batman: The Animated Series and the Masturbating Bear comes THE FLAMING C, Conan O’Brien’s superhero alter ego! At Comic Con, Conan crashed the Warner Bros. panel for Green Lantern: The Animated Series to reveal his new trailer for The Flaming C, a movie that is coming to a theatre near you “sometime…maybe.” If you’ve been living under a rock for the past year (or if you’re just not an avid Conan viewer), hop after the break to watch the origin story behind red-haired, oven mitted superhero. In December Conan visited the home of DC Comics and animator Bruce Timm brought to life Conan’s vision of his very own superhero. Like everything Conan does, it’s a riot! Continue reading Conan gets animated in faux trailer for ‘The Flaming C’

Trailer: Paranormal Activity 3

Another Halloween means another Paranormal Activity. With the Saw franchise dead and gone, Oren Peli’s low-budget supernatural horror flick has picked up the torch to become the go-to movie during the spooky season in late October. As seen in the trailer, the tape footage reveals the year 1988 meaning that the three-quel may serve as a true Paranormal Activity prequel starring a young Katie. Catfish directors Ariel Schulman and Henry Joost are at the helm here, and Peli serves as producer with Jason Blum, Steven Schneider, and Akiva Goldsman. PA3 releases October 21, 2011.

Trailer: The Amazing Spider-Man

The Marc Webb Spider-Man reboot is still in production, but Sony Pictures is giving us a glimpse into the movie right now! Unfortunately the trailer does not overly impress; there’s a feeling of been there done that and it lingers throughout. However, it must be said that Mirror’s Edge-like first person sequence during the final act of the clip is fun to watch in full screen HD. At Comic Con it was made official that Rhys Ifans will indeed play the villainous Lizard, though his mutant form is not revealed in this trailer. Anticipate the webslinger’s return in The Amazing Spider-Man July 3, 2012.

Trailer: Glee: The 3D Concert Movie

For those of you who couldn’t make the Glee Live! In Concert! tour, you won’t want to miss the upcoming 3D Concert Movie that’s packed with the tour’s musical numbers and behind-the-scenes action. The Kevin Tancharoen-directed 3D flick hits theatres August 12.

I just can’t get enough of that mini Warbler!